Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu



I've never been in charge of a Thanksgiving menu, so I figured this year is good as any to give it a shot. After sifting my way through various cookbooks, websites, and magazines, I pared down my menu to something more or less manageable. The best part is that this menu is completely diabetic-friendly, complete with stevia and guar gum.

Brined Roast Turkey
Mixed-Mushroom and Tarragon Gravy
Rustic Herb Stuffing
Butternut Squash Soup
Roasted Cranberry Sauce with Herbed Candied Walnuts
Cauliflower & Garlic Mash
Green Beans with Toasted Walnuts and Dried-Cherry Vinaigrette
Warm Root Vegetable Salad
Orange-Cardamom Date Bars with a Nutty Crust
Pumpkin Ice Cream

The cooking starts tonight, so wish me luck! Check back for a full update on how things went. In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...